Here's the latest on the BVNSC.
Our NEC development application permit has staff approval and now requires the Director's approval. We anticipate that we will be "official" by Christmas, taking into consideration the two-week public notice period.
In the meantime, the Board has been very busy.
- The nordic trails have evolved to now include both groomed xc ski trails and multi-use (snowshoeing, no snowmobiling) trails.The Nordic Club welcomes all snowshoers, hikers and skiers to join. Among the many benefits of membership, is the opportunity to engage with other users in winter trail planning.
- The BVNSC has applied to the Municipality of Grey Highlands Financial Assistance Program for seed money, for our inaugural season.
- On December 2, Don Churchill and Cathy Little made a presentation to the Grey Highlands Council, to inform Councillors about the Club and its vision. The response exceeded our expectations and Council whole-heartedly supports the Nordic Club.
- The Beaver Valley Ski Club has been very instrumental in preparing the Nordic Club for launch. As well as hours of labour, BVSC is contributing our trailhead sign.
- Sea and Ski Realty in Kimberley has now joined as a Founding Partner.
- Perhaps the biggest news is that we now own a groomer/tracksetter. BVSC and the Nordic Club are splitting the cost of this second-hand equipment. BVSC will be responsible for grooming the trails.
The time has finally come to become a member. Join today. Give some thought to volunteering; and of course, donations are always welcome.